Wednesday, October 8, 2008

B ioWare, LucasArts announcement.

I'm not a fan of monthly fee MMOs. I think it's an entirely BS format, much like episodic content. (you pay more for 3 episodes than a whole game) I can understand a small fee, say $5 per month, but $15-$20 is just way too much. I already bought your fucking game, why should I have to essentially buy it again every 3 months? I was tempted to buy Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (WAR), but held off and I think I'm better for it. The combat seems slow, clunky, and not as much fun as people bill it. (comparing to WoW PvP is like saying shit tastes almost as good as raw sewage)

I might have to eat my words, and my ideals, regarding monthly pay-to-play if this upcoming BioWare announcement is all that it's cracked up to be. I might not stick around forever, but I'll definitely have to check it out. Upcoming announcement? Oh, that's right... BioWare and LucasArts are making their big announcement as to what in the hell their MMO project really is on October 21st.

"LucasArts and BioWare invite you to attend the official unveiling of the game that's been rumored about for years," reads the invite before providing event-locale details. The gathering will be held in San Francisco on the afternoon of October 21, just more than a month after the release of the latest Star Wars game, The Force Unleashed. At a presentation at the Game Developers Conference this past March, producer Hayden Blackman said that the fast-selling game was settled on after a proposed third single-player KOTOR game was ruled out.
- Source

No comments: