Friday, April 4, 2008

John Arbuckle is shizophrenic.

I read the comics in the paper every day. If I can. The only time I don't read the comics in the paper is if the paper, for some reason, is not available. As a kid I loved Garfield. I still have some of those Garfield books. However, Garfield, while still humorous, really isn't all that hilarious. By hilarious, I mean "laugh out loud funny." There are many comics like that and there are many that actually do elicit an audible chuckle. I have finally found Garfield funny again. "Laugh out loud" kind of funny, too. All it takes is a matter of perspective.

Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and the empty desperation of modern life? Friends, meet Jon Arbuckle. Let’s laugh and learn with him on a journey deep into the tortured mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness in a quiet American suburb.
- Source


No comments: