Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh, YouTube... you make me feel smart.

I've said before that I think of YouTube as the cesspool of the internet. It's where the worst shitheads that partly reside in cyberspace congregate to publish their collective ignorance and bigotry. I'm not talking about the vids, but the masses of comments that make you want to bash your face against a large rock. Yes, there is the occasional thought-provoking comment, but you mostly just find, "u r teh ghey" or some derivative. At least 4Chan can be creative with their hate postings.

Through a series of winding videos of interest I saw a response video from, possibly one of the best usernames on YouTube, C0ct0pus. It seems that C0ct0pus is no stranger to controversy. He's a YouTuber, dammit! He speaks his mind, dammit! Even if being a YouTuber does sound like some kind of weird German sex fetish...

Anyways, I took a quick cursory glance at the comments and I suddenly spied this precious gem from C0ct0pus:

how about i look up your mom's giant cunt?
- Source


And with that, I nominate C0ct0pus be the face, the emblem, of YouTube. The poster child, if you will. His scruffy appearance, his crazy, glaring eyes, his brilliant mastery of prose... It just screams "I AM YOUTUBE!" And really, the quote's only any good if it's got the pic, and the pic's only good if you got the quote. It might be offensive, crude, and profane, but "how about i look up your mom's giant cunt" really should become YouTube's new slogan.


nothing after the jump



No comments: