Monday, February 16, 2009

An encyclopedic collection of ignorance.

There is more than just one wiki out there. The format of Wikipedia has been used for many things. World of Warcraft, Fallout, D&D, and many other things. It's a useful template to use for any information-based web-compilation. There is even a conservative Wikipedia called, Conservapedia.

Now, I'm not against conservatism, but I am gainst the idea of a "conservative" wikipedia. Primarily because such a thing is not fact-based, but pure propaganda. A circle-jerk for idiots that like to think that hating fags makes them conservatise, when in all reality it just makes them bigots. These are the types of folks that George Will and Buckley Jr. despised and would maintain were merely fringe elements. Well, Palin showed that those "fringe elements" are running the fucking show nowadays.

Looking at Conservapedia, I saw this in their "News" section:

The Conservapedia evolution article has sprinted past the 500,000 view mark! This is bad news for the dogmatic evolutionists who are aware that in 2006, the prestigious science journal Science reported concerning the United States: "The percentage of people in the country who accept the idea of evolution has declined from 45 in 1985 to 40 in 2005. Meanwhile the fraction of Americans unsure about evolution has soared from 7 per cent in 1985 to 21 per cent last year."[9] Watch the internet continue to grind down evolutionism!
- Source


Asides from nearly having my eyes roll into the back of my head, I think I almost had a seizure. "Watch the internet continue to grind down evolutionism!" That can be better put: "watch the internet continue to increase ignorance!"

Bless Oghma, I think I need to stop reading shit like this or else I'll surely be dead before I turn 30.




No comments: