Monday, March 31, 2008

Penny Arcade, waffles, and Hitler.

The Penny Arcade boys are heading off to Sakura-Con soon. Jerry Holkins was thinking that serving hot waffles smothered in chocolate ice cream would be a grand idea for the Penny Arcade booth. As usual, there was a disagreement. Mike Krahulik thought it to be a bad idea. Why, I'm not quite sure and the Penny Arcade boys didn't elaborate. Perhaps for fear of a massive mess? Which I can understand. I could only imagine that their booth would be even more swamped once word got out that hot waffles smothered in chocolate ice cream were being handed out en mass for free. Jerry went on to declare that taking a stand against waffles amounts to cowardice. Normally, I side with Tycho... er, Jerry, but not this time. I simply cannot.

Sitting at The Breakfast Club, gesturing to Gabriel over the summit of my "Hobo Scramble," I presented a powerful pro-waffle position. Its core assertion was that we should have hot waffles, smothered in chocolate ice cream, available for free at our Sakuracon booth. He's been trying to talk me out of it for a week now, because he has no vision, and I do: I see waffles leaping out of toasters and into smiling mouths. I don't see what the fucking problem is.

I tried to break down the essential position for him. "You're arguing for a universe with fewer waffles in it," I said. "I'm prepared to call that cowardice."

- Source*


A good point. A good argument made. Waffles leaping into happy mouths, what could be wrong with that? Well, I'll tell you just what the fuck is wrong with that. You know who else likes waffles? Hitler likes waffles. He also likes pancakes and French toast, but everyone knows he was partial to waffles. And the Penny Arcade boys should realize that setting up a booth at Sakura-Con, of all places, and serving waffles, ice cream or no, is strongly akin to reviving the Axis of Evil. What the hell, Tycho! Don't believe me that Hitler was gonzo for waffles? I cite historical evidence...



*Penny Arcade is experiencing a lot of traffic right now and is giving lots of Error 500's. This is most likely due to PAX '08 traffic. I'll fix the link later.